Sunday 4 December 2016

Letter Writing:Letter of complaint

Format
[Your Address]
[Your City, State, Zip Code]

[Date: dd/mm/yyyyy]

[Name of Contact Person]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Subject: _______________________________________________

Dear [Contact Person]
On [date], I bought [or had repaired] a [name of the product with the serial or model number or service performed]. I made this purchase at [location, date, and other important details of the transaction].
Unfortunately, your product has not performed well [or the service was inadequate] because [state the problem].
To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your [state the specific action you want]. Enclosed are copies [copies, not originals] of my records [receipts, guarantees, warranties, cancelled checks, contracts, model and serial numbers, and any other documents] concerning this purchase/repair.
I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem. I will wait [set a time limit] before seeking third-party assistance. Please contact me at the above address or by phone [home or office numbers with area codes].
Sincerely,
[Your Name]
[Account Number]

 Sample
Plot. No.P23/1
Green land
Devlali, 422401

December5, 2016

Ashok Kumar
Sales Manager
Bindu Stationary Pvt. Ltd.
Nasik

Sub: Complaint against delivery error.

Dear Ashok Kumar (or Sir/Madam)
On March 17 I ordered a box of letterhead stationery for our central office in Devlali. We received your shipment within one week, but the letterhead carried another firm's address.
I am returning the stationery under separate cover, with the needed correction noted. I will appreciate your sending me the correct stationery as soon as possible. Also, I trust you will credit my account with Rs. 450, the cost of returning the stationery.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Sincerely

M Kumar

No comments:

Post a Comment